Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week in Review-Cold Water, Teeth, & Mustard Seeds...

Well we had such a positive response to our last RANDOM update of our life's happenings that we thought we would do it again! Thanks for tuning in...and being interested in our totally crazy, sometimes funny, but lovely life...a little bit weird that people would like it so much...but nonetheless...here it goes...


The week started off like normal...getting our weekly church on. Well we had to tune in on line to FBCW because I (Mary) was a little unwell. Great sermon from Pastor Johnny Hunt on Kingdom Living...and even greater reminder how we are all called to be "Missionaries"...wherever the Lord puts us. That means whether living overseas like us or in your school or work. And by the way...we love us some Pastor Johnny!


Then it was time to begin a week long of test & check ups for me (Mary). We had taken a bit of a holiday (10) glorious days...and specifically stayed away from anything medial. First up we did a random check of my kidneys. I had been having some pain and with my illness (LUPUS) there sometimes can be some kidney involvement. But all was good...just some scar tissue from when I had kidney stones in the past.


Then it was movie night...where we finally got to watch Soul Surfer...based on the true story of Bethany Hamilton. It had a lot of positive Christian influences through out the movie. We really enjoyed it...well except the bit with the shark attack!

The Real Bethany Hamilton

The next morning we awoke to prepare for medical appointments for both of us. But we had a very unpleasant start to our day when our lovely hot water boiler decide to go wonkers on us! This is how it felt when I (Mary) got a blast of ice cold water every two minutes! J was much better at keeping his composure! :)


Next stop...the dentist for me (Mary). Well glory...come to find out a few weeks back at a previous appointment that I am a teeth grinder. So bad as a matter of fact that I am grinding them away to little nubs. The dentist said it is most likely due to stress...hmm...now what could I be stressed about? :)


So I am getting fitted for a night guard. For joy! But at least this explains why I wake up with a sore jaw in the mornings!


Then it was poor honey's turn and he had to get some jabs (British term for shots). He has to show proof of all of his inoculations as part of his visa process requirements...and because his childhood records are missing...he's going to have to get them all over again and have one sore arm! I did the proper wife duty and cuddled him with many "poor little bunny" comments. He said this was his version of the man flu.


Speaking of the visa process...we are a few steps closer as we booked our trip to London for the medical exam part of the requirement. Below is a picture of the US Embassy in London...J's been there before and says it looks like a fort!


After a few days of running to appointments here and there I took a breather and began a new challenge...food journaling. I am trying to connect what I eat by how it makes me feel. Its already been a year since J and I have started down the road of better eating (more organic, natural...less dairy...less meat, etc). But we are wanting to step it up.


So this is the next step which will hopefully lead to some new foods...like more raw foods and different dairy alternatives to try. One of my favorites I have to say is Almond milk. It has tons of fiber and nutrients...low calorie (about 60 cal for 8oz glass)...and really helps the muscles to absorb protein for energy. Something I (Mary) desperately need!


Also going to try for the first time diary cheese alternatives. Hmm. I will let you know how this turns out. One thing I've learned...just because it is healthy...if it taste like garbage I'm not going to stick with it! So our advice...take your time and find things that are healthy and that you actually enjoy!


Speaking of food...really loved being reminded of having faith like a mustard seed. Not faith of a GIANT...but just small faith that is living and growing...is all you need to see God at work in your life. Don't know about you but we sure are praying in faith for a lot of things...sometimes we wonder if He hears us...but this week...we got that assurance again through His blessed Word! Read Luke 17:6.

Look how tiny that thing is!

We ended our week with a date night. It happened to be our 18 month anniversary!


So we went out for a movie...a treat for us. I (Mary) was also having a good energy day so actually was able to enjoy myself...well kind of. Honey and I have been wanting to see Cowboys and Aliens. The hubs loves sci fi and I love westerns so we thought it would be a great choice for us. Hmm. Let's just say that it was about one of the goriest and violent films we've seen in a while...which didn't help my stress level...good thing I'm getting that night guard for my teeth!


But nonetheless...we enjoyed just being together. How was your week?

No comments: