Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 3, 2011

London, Shipping Containers, Do You Remember...

Well back by popular demand...its our week in review. Hope you are doing well as you read this. Let me just say...I can't believe it's already September. WOW. The trees here in England are starting to sport their new colors.

And on that note I thought I would start off with a little bit of music. I-E-I...dancing in September...I-E-I...do you remember... the 21st night of September...

Now that you have that in your head...your welcome...here we go!

Our week started in a frenzy with a trip to London. We had to go for the medical exam part of J's visa requirements. So we hopped on the train and off we went. It was so neat to see the beautiful country side and then the big city as we approached! Above is honey with our awesome luggage waiting for the train at Carlisle Station.

Me enjoying the scenery.

It was so stunning going through the Lake District.

While I was enjoying the sights, the hubs spent most of his time mixing...a new hobby he has taken up...and is really good at! We're working on his DJ name and will get back to you.

So we arrived 3 hours later... safe and sound in London. It is so neat there with all the classic big red buses (and yes made me think of OM Ireland).

We got unpacked at the B&B and then went out for some dinner. We were surprised to see a line of about 400 teenagers waiting to get into a club. Come to find out it was someone's sweet sixteen party. The cops were all over it though...rightly so with what had happened in the past weeks with the riots.

Notice the Evangelical Church in the background. As we past we were praying for the young people to come to know Him and not get swallowed up by the world. As I saw the girls dressed to the hills...it touched a nerve as I can remember back in the day... being all about keeping up appearances and not knowing a thing about my Heavenly Father. My heart went out to these young girls.

Then it was back to the B&B for a good nights rest...I was exhausted by this time. We woke early the next morning to take the train on in to the city for J's medical exam.

Little did we know we would be right in the middle of morning rush hour. OH MY WORD! This was the mad scene...where people were pushing their way onto the trains...at one point we even saw people being held inside the train by others so the door would close!

So we finally made it to the medical exam appointment. As part of J's visa requirement for permanent residence to the US...he has to undergo this exam...and get a bunch of jabs (British term for shots).

I didn't take any pictures inside as the Embassy folks don't mess around. But as I sat waiting for J I was surrounded by all these people...hoping to become immigrants. I really imagined myself back in time at Ellis Island...and hearing all the new immigrants talk about how they were going to have a new life in America. It brought tears to my eyes...I know...I'm a sap.

After drying the tears it was off to do a little sight seeing. This was my first time to London so J was eager to show me around. I felt like a queen! Speaking of...

No...we didn't get to meet her like you may have been thinking...silly you! But we did get see where she lived. Here is us outside Buckingham Palace.

Here is J at the Tower of London. Glad they didn't keep him! By this time we were both so tired that we called it a day and went back to the B&B.

The next day it was a train trip home... where we kept the ball rolling...and we were off to about a billion and one medical appointments.

Oh...and our cat Bella was super happy to see us again. She had a good kitty sitter to keep her occupied while we were gone though. Thanks Miss Helen!

I think she loves her daddy...especially when she gets to lay on his laptop!

Kisses for mommy...or not...


Then it was off to the Dentist for my final appointment. As I was saying my goodbyes I began to tear up...it was a sad moment... a realization that many of the medical staff have become like family.

So I kept a stiff upper lip as much as I could...remember me telling you I was a sap?
Also remember me telling you last week I now have to wear a night guard because I supposedly grind my teeth. The Dentist said it was due to stress. Speaking of stress...

We saw this photo while waiting in the Doctors office. I was there for a blood check for a treatment I started last week. When we saw this poster on how to avoid stress we had to laugh. If you can't read it...it says "Avoid too many changes at any one time-new house...new job...new partner." Ha!

We rounded out the week with several hours on phone calls and emails...trying to sort out some of our transitioning. One huge thing...being our shipping. We were able to share a container with another person...however it is still pricy. If you would like to know how to help with this...please let us know. :)

Then for a bit of retail therapy the hubs took me to Debenhams...its like a Dillards or Macy's compared to the US. The reason I REALLY REALLY wanted to go there was...they were having a 70% sale. OH MY WORD! And score...I got a really cool blazer...originally £50 for only £5! Gotta love a good deal like that!

And yes...I envision myself looking as cool as this when I wear it. Speaking of cool...


Be sure to leave a comment and let us know how your week was...we are just as interested in cyber stalking others as they are us! :) Have a good week!

No comments: