Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Live for Today...Our week in Review

Hello dear friends and family. We meet once again...and we are so happy that you are sitting down to spend some time with us. We want to give you a peek into our little lives in the hopes that it encourages you...makes you laugh...perhaps cry...but in all...show that we are just normal people living out this extraordinary life that our Father has given us hear on Earth. So thanks for stopping by and here we go!

The week started off very somber as we recognized the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Seeing all the Facebook comments and youtube videos...the emotions came flooding back. It was a terrible thing that happened but God used it for good in so many ways.

J and I were blessed to hear of one such story called "In My Seat"...the story of Steve Schibner, the pilot who was supposed to be on the flight that hit one of the towers.

One thing he said that really struck a cord with me was "Live everyday as if you are living on borrowed time". Little did I know that this theme of living for today would be the theme for my week. No spoilers...but make sure you watch his testimony. POWERFUL!


Later on that day I began having good energy levels..something you take advantage of when you suffer from chronic fatigue. So we "lived for the moment" and called up some friends of ours to come round for some fellowship, food, and of course...some family photos!

The MacKenna family have become such precious friends of ours. This is one of my favorites of the photo shoot.

Jenny and I, in particularly have become close as she is an American living overseas too! She has really helped me to settle well here in England...just in time to leave! Ha! We just love them to bits...but hope to see them soon when they come for a visit in the States!

The next day we were off to a prayer meeting at OM. When it came our turn to share...I just piped right up and started going down the list of where I'm at with my treatments etc. As I was talking it became so surreal that this is part of my life right now...and yes...I did have my pity party for a few hours afterwards. But then God reminded me that His Grace is sufficient for TODAY! Funny how God prepares your heart for what's coming next...

So they hubs...ain't he cute?...developed a lump on his lip about 2 months ago. We saw our regular GP about it...and after it not going away on its own...J was sent to see an Oral surgeon. I was super tired the morning of his appointment so J told me to stay home and rest...that "it will be fine". Hmm.

They next thing I know...J walks through the door and says that he has a blocked mucous membrane that has to be removed pronto...like TODAY! So I got myself around and back we went to the hospital for his afternoon appointment.

What was supposed to be a small incision ended up being a deep one...needing 4 stitches. He is much better now...but it has taken him a few days of antibiotics and pain pills to get through it. Poor honey!

But him being sick made me realize two things. One...how much J does for me...and two how the Lord gives His SUFFICIENT GRACE when we need it! Praise the Lord I had abundant energy (not the norm for me) to be able to take care of my husband!

Speaking of Grace...I was going to still need more...as I went for my weekly bloods check the very next day. They were able to get the blood with no problems this time...unlike last week where it took many tries over a two day period. Part of the treatment I am on can do weird things to my veins...think of the movie Steel Magnolias and "Shelby are you driving nails?!" I know gross...welcome to my world.

But please be praying over my liver as my enzymes seem to be a bit high...which could just be a reaction to some of the treatments. Please pray its not permanent and that I can continue the treatments as scheduled.

We'll let you know more about that after our Doctor appointment next week. And on a more positive note: J thinks I may have a bit more energy than normal. I don't really see a big difference yet...but I am hopeful...and plan to keep on "living for today".

But putting the medical stuff aside... most of my week was full of wonderful things. Like...

I made my first Chocolate Cream Pie for a friend's birthday and it was a hit! And I was so good and only had 2 small slivers over the course of the week...I mean come on...should I deprive myself when we are talking about chocolate???

Also Parenthood Season 3 premiered. J and I LOVE this TV show...we laugh...we cry...and even though we don't have children yet...we relate with a lot of what is portrayed. If you haven't seen it...its worth a gander!

And the highlight of my week came when I was blessed to teach blogging to a 65 year old precious lady on her birthday. Just goes to show you that you are never too old to learn. I am so excited for her!

Well that's about all for this week. I hope you are blessed and encouraged as you read this and remember to "Live everyday as if you are on borrowed time"!


No comments: