Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cleaning, Trip to the ER, and a Sparrow...What Do They Have in Common?




Well Glory.  I am sure glad God is in control!  This morning as I was putting away dishes...I saw out of the corner of my eye a glass falling to the ground.  As I heard the breaking of the glass...my reflex (which was totally against what common sense would tell you to do)...was to pick it up with my hand.  In stead...the palm of my hand went over the ragged edge of the glass...and the glass came right into my hand!!!  OUCH!!! As I did that...I instantly knew I had hurt myself.  

Sure enough...here comes the blood...not to be all graphic and all...but I thought that I was going to pass out because I was bleeding so much.  I remembered that my next door neighbor is renting rooms to 2 doctors...so I ran over there...but no one was at home.  People driving by leaving for work must have thought I looked like a scene from a horror movie.  None the less as I stepped back in my house...thinking how I was going to have to drive myself to the hospital...my neighbor pulled into her driveway.  I ran out and she took one look and said "Get in the car...we're going to the emergency room!"

So off I go...where praise God...I only ended up needing butterfly sutturs and not big stitches!!! Another bit praise...one of the cuts was across my wrist...and could have been a lot worse if it was deeper!!!  It was only a surface cut!  And...get this...they didn't even charge me!

This comes after a wonderful night me and my roommate had praying over our new home.  Unsettling to see how real the enemy and his attacks are...especially just after you have done something honoring to the Lord.  But fear not...He is with us always and He has already won the battle!!!!

I am okay...a little more shaken up than anything...I may be a grown adult but was really wanting my mom around!  But God was with me...and I felt his presence.  I also took some pictures in the waiting room as I was bored!  Neat thing when I got home...I looked out my window and there was a sparrow sitting and looking at me.  It sat there for about 5 minutes straight and then flew away.  God has always used nature and animals to speak to me (not a burring bush or anything)...but I just felt that it was a simple reminder that He is with me and cares when I am hurting!!!! Remember...God is always with you too...not even a sparrow falls without Him knowing it!!!


No comments: