Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dia Dhuit...God be with you!

Picture above is a view from the outside of my house. These houses are a lot like our town houses in the States. Mine is the one with the blue door.  :O)
A view of my neighborhood.
What I see each morning as I awake. 



Dia Dhuit (pronounced:  Dee -a Geech) is Irish for God Be with You.  All greetings here in Ireland are blessings.  Unfortunately many have started to promote for change of greetings because they ARE greetings.  Sounds familiar doesn't it...with us living in the States...where they are taking prayer out of schools and attempting to remove anything with God from our Dollar.  

 

Well...I hope you are all doing well and miss you all so much. But I am MORE than confident that I am here about the Father's business.  A little update on me...I have returned from my two week international training with OM. .held in Holland . It was an amazing time of people from all over the world being send out to ALL parts of the world.  It was a special time of equipping and learning about how to adapt to other cultures and work effectively in such diverse teams.  I also met lots of Godly people who had the same desires to see our Lord famous around the world.  

 

When I returned from my training...it was late Saturday evening. Both me and my roommate were absolutely exhausted...physically...emotionally...we were wrecked.  So much so that neither one of us could find the strength to go out and continue on our "church finding" efforts the next morning.  There are very few evangelical churches in our local area...you really must search high and low.  So be both decided we would stay home and worship.

 

So as I awoke this morning I began to reflect on all that the Lord has done for me over the past few months.  Reading in my journal entry from June....I am confessing to God that "I don't "see" how you are going to provide for  me in a timely manor...I mean I am leaving for Ireland in August."  Wow...He has provided above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined.  Not only am I fully supported, but extra funds have come in that are now helping the ministry as a whole with the start up of our offices.  God also provided a roommate, who even though is from a completely different culture ( Middle East )...she gets me...and we can share in our ups and downs in life.  He has provided a house that I could never imagine getting...and we are already scheduling "girl's night out" in our home for the local believers.  God has been VERY gracious to me and has been a real "provider".  Thank you Jesus for allowing me to experience that in such a real way..

 

One of the things that the Lord has broken my heart over is that of our neighbors.  I have a bay window in my bedroom and every morning I sit on the edge of my bed looking out over the neighborhood.  I am convinced that He has brought me here to minister right where I am and be a light among this precious people.  He has literally broken my heart for what breaks His...people who do not have a living relationship with Him.  I cannot even write this letter about the sweet people of Ireland without tearing up.  

 

So back to Sunday morning...I came downstairs...exhausted...but very thankful about what all God has done for me.  I sit in my comfy living room...lights dimmed and praise music flowing through the room.  I am overtaken by the words that I hear... "....come...just as you are to worship.  Come just as you are before your God.  One day ever tongue will confess you are God. One day every knee will bow.  Still the greatest treasure belongs to those who gladly choose you now. "  There I am...not in a formal service...but believe me...there is a service of "2" going on...me and my God!!!! We had CHURCH!!!! :O)

 

I can't express the humbling feeling I have to just be here doing "the Father's work".  What an honor...I am not worthy of.  But none the less...I am so excited about all that is in store for here.  I cannot express enough how grateful I am to all of you as well...those back home that are praying for me and supporting me.  You are making things possible for me to be here and I don't take that lightly.  I can tell you that you are part of something real and something that is just the beginning of how the Lord is going to transform the people of Ireland .  This once great Chris tian nation...will once again turn back and praise His name!!!  I can't wait to tell you all the great things happening in the near future.  A few prayer request in the mean time:

 

  • Meaningful relationship to be formed with my neighbors and landlord
  • Unity and WISDOM for our team on how the Lord would have us operate.  We have have almost quadrupled our team over the past couple of weeks.  We have gone for 2 people in the office to 7 at all times!!!  We have much expansion going on and with that comes lots of needs...office supplies etc. Also....how we work together as a team...and all the ideas that God gives us...that we all will be unified to bring Him glory!
  • His ministry plans will be revealed to us...that it not be about us...but everything will be about Him and for Him
  • A thriving church plant here in our town.  Currently there is a plan for a church plant to start in our town.  Right now a Brazilian evangelical church is allowing their services to take place on Saturday night...because they are confident another English speaking evangelical church plant is soon to come.  They have left Sunday morning open just for that to take place!!!
  • A personnel officer...we are in desperate need of someone to head this up...the person who was in charge...has left...and now our finance officers is taking on that job as well...and is totally overloaded.
  • Protection from the enemy.  When we are doing the Lord's work...the enemy is quick to try and stop us!
  • Favor in the local community.  That people's interest would be peaked about our ministry in a positive way.  
  • Homesickness...Grace and mercy and comfort on me and my family that I have left behind
  • The Creech Home to sell quickly
  • Provision for office supplies as well as some equipments needs.  We eventually would need 8 desktop computers in order to connect to a server properly.  Also...things such as shredders, copy machines etc.  

I deeply love and miss you all.  I hope to hear from you soon...please let me know how you are doing.  And PLEASE....keep praying for me and all the workers over here.  GOD has...and is going to do AMAZING things!!!!

 

Mary

 

No comments: