Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hello from Holland...via Ireland!

Well I'm not in the Green Green fields of Ireland anymore...but am in the beautifly tulip fields of Holland. I arrived yesterday (Tuesday)...and will be here until August 30th. I will be back in Ireland after that and will start work officially on September 2nd. I have off on Sept 1st...not because of Labor day...they don't celebrate that in Ireland..but because the team felt me and my roommate would need a day off coming from this 2 week conference. Yeah!!!!

We are settling into our new house...and can't wait until my FEDEX shipment comes along! It was supposed to arrive on Monday before I left for the conference...but did not. Please pray that all packages arrive and very soon! My roommate is lovely...she is a tiny little thing from the Middle East. She melted my heart the first night I met here...when she brought me a beautiful shirt from where she lives...all beaded and sparkly!! You know I love that!

I am experiencing a sensory overload...from hearing all these different lanquages. There are over 400 people here at the conference from all over the world. My roommate...from South Korea...speaks very little English...and of course I speak NO Korean...so we use mainly hand getsures and smiles! :O) She is going to Nepal.

I was asked to lead a discipleship group here at the conference of all the young American girls...about 16 of them. I was very honored and excited about it ...and will meet them all later. It will be great to hear another American accent...even if it is all "Like oh my gosh...like"...they are mainly 17 or 18 years old! :O) It is so encouraging to see people from all over the world worshiping God and espeically these young people...on fire for Him.

I am adjusting...and just still in awhee of how I ended up here and why God has chosen to use me! I am excited about getting to work in early September. I have also met some friends...local Irish people my age who have invited me to a Christian Bar-b-que (just like home) and concert on September 6th.

Hope each one of you is doing great...and please let me know how I might be praying for you!

Love to all

Mary

No comments: