Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

One week in Ireland!

Okay...sorry for the delay of updating my blog....but things have been super uper busy...plus we have not had Internet connection...ouch! It has been one week since I have started my new adventure in Ireland. I arrived on Tuesday...met my roomie...and off we went to look for a house. We both are the type that like things settled as soon as possible! We were blessed with a beautiful home on Thursday and moved in the next day. The weekend was spent making list of household items needed...getting our cell phones up and running...our landlines...internet...tv...meeting our neighbors and landlord...and attending a local Baptist church. We are quite tired to say the least...but it has been a very productive week!

Our landlords are a great couple. Very loving and keep bringing us little gifts everyday! The other day they brought us a TV and DVD player! He is a retired police officer from Scotland and Delores is a retired nurse from Ireland. They have welcomed us well...and we pray that we will be able to minister to them in a special way. We pray that we are able to share the love of Christ we have in our hearts!!!
My roomie is great. Her name is Leena...and she is from the Middle East. She is already like a sister. She is very nurturing and caring. We have had a lot of fun cooking together and learning how to drive on the other side of the road. It is just so awesome sit together every night in our living room...both all snuggled under our duvets with a cup of hot tea...reading and talking about what the Lord has done in our life. We both feel we were blessed with such an awesome house...so that we may use it as a place of encouragement. We hope to have many women's bible studies there and sleep overs!!!

Things are a little frustrating in that my brain is constantly working....didn't always do that in the states! :O) I am having to think..."Left side...Left side of the road" and stand in complete helplessness in the grocery store when I am trying to find a simple item like bread! Things will take time here...everything takes a lot of time I am finding. Where I am used to running out the door...here...you might get a visitor or "caller" come by...who would like to stay and chat for a while over a cup of tea. It is very sweet...and definitely a slower pace of life than I am used to. But I will adjust with the help of our Father.

My quite times have been so sweet with the Lord...I am completely relying on him for everything. I have never felt this dependent on Him before...and I tend to like it. I am not sure how He will use me here...but I do know that I am here and it just feels right!!!! I do miss my family and especially my little doggy chewy. Cool God thing...my neighbor has a palm as well!!! So its like seeing chewy everyday!

Well...I must run for now...would have uploaded pictures of the new house...but unfortunately I left my connector at home (I only have Internet connection at the office...about 30 minutes away). Me and Leean are off to our 2 week training in Holland tomorrow and then will officially start work on September 1st. I will try my best to stay in touch.

We will have a home land line when we arrive back on Aug 30th. That number is 011 090 663 0580. That is how you would dial it from the states. I sure would love to hear from you!

In Him
Mary

No comments: