Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mary Mary Quite Contrary...How Does Your Garden Grow?

I've had a few days off and have been planting flowers.  I love to garden...but it is hard work!
Love to have accessories..even in my garden!

Mary Mary quite contrary...how does your garden grow?  I can't tell you how many times I have heard this with my name being Mary.  If you think about it...it is not quite a compliment...but I must admit that sometimes it seems to fit the occasion.  The ones where I am having a pitty party with balloons and streamers...can anyone relate? I took the time to look up that word 'Contrary" in the dictionary and it means temperamentally unwilling to accept control or advice.  In the thesaurus some synonyms for contrary are stubborn and self-willed.  I thought to myself...how many times can I say that is true of myself? How many times have I refused to listen to God...thinking my way is the best...and only end up feeling defeated and alone.  Sometimes obeying God can be followed by many discouragements along the way from the enemy. Times where you stop and ask yourself...in my case...Lord...why did you call me here?  

Since my arrival to Ireland I have had to battle many discouragements including constant sickness, depression and low motivation due to lack of sunshine, and one specific major blow...a car accident.  This weekend has been in particularly difficult for me as I have all of the sudden become very homesick.  The emails and facebook statuses of friends and family laying out by the pool in warm sunny weather and having bar b ques...has really not helped.  I was reading my Bible...and praying to the Lord, but it seemed like nothing was helping...and I was having a very defeatist attitude.  I went to church this morning with a contrary attitude..I was temperamentally unwilling to accept the Lord's control over this situation.  

On the way to church I mentioned to my roommate that I was thinking back on our car accident for some reason and was very shocked that my neck healed as quick as it did..and that I have not had any complications since then.  I think I even said a praise God in there some where.  But then went quickly back to my bad attitude...wishing I was far far away on a beach somewhere.  Then comes church.  After the service as I was about to walk out the door when Pastor Dominic came after me and said..."Mary...how is your neck...is it giving you any problems?" I quickly answered and said that I have not had any problems since and as a matter of fact I healed about 4 weeks sooner than the Doctors told me I would (I had whiplash and a concussion).  

So I went about my business...and straight to a store to pick up a lamp I had ordered...a full spectrum lamp that stimulates your brain and makes you think as if you are in deed in the sunlight!  Exactly what I needed.  I had been waiting about 3 weeks to pick it up.  I go into the store only to find that they still do not have it in.  I just wanted to start balling right there in the store...but I kept my composure until I got home and put on my pajamas and curled up into my bed crying myself to sleep.  I know...dramatic...but hang with me here.  

I woke up and was talking with the Lord...and just instantly thought back to what Pastor Dominic had asked me "So Mary...how is your neck...is it giving you any problems?"  I remembered that the Lord had reminded me this morning about my neck and how He had healed it so fast...prior to Dominic asking me.  The Lord having the Pastor ask me was a confirmation that He is in control and is very aware of my situation.  He is a Big God that can protect me from things like whiplash and discouragement.  I started to rejoice with my Father thanking Him that He does care for me.  

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32: 7.

Our heavenly Father knows every hurt...every need that we have.  He does PROTECT us...even though sometimes we can get so discouraged and question that.  He is always there watching over us...and "our garden".  So how does my garden grow?  It grows because of Him and His glory...when I am out of the way.  May He always get the glory for how wonderful He is!  Praise Him!  

No comments: