Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The One with the "Stuff"...



Hello friends and family...is it time already for another week in review?  Wow.  Time is flying for us now as we prepare to move to the States in only 4 days!

This week started with final packing of our bits...and oh my word...how did we get so much stuff?  I'm pretty sure that if we were moving our house in a truck...it would look like this.  I love the cat in the picture...can you find it?





Speaking of a cat...Bella the cat has been doing well...thanks to our good friend and vet Laura.  She has been given a mild...all natural calming supplement that we sprinkle over her food in the mornings.  I've seriously thought about taking some of it myself at times!

Like...

...when I became a little...how shall we put this..."upset" when I handed over my slow cooker to its new owner.  I'm pretty sure I looked like this...






So after a few "it will be okay honey" from the hubs...I came back to my senses and was reminded it was only "stuff".  After getting rid of most of our "stuff"...we began to pack what was left.  Mainly our bare necessities we would need for the next possible 6 months to a year (our stuff when it arrives in the States will be going directly into a storage until we are able to get our own place).




And get this...we ONLY USED 4 BAGS for ALL of our stuff. So needless to say I thought it would be impossible to fit it all but we we were pushing and shoving to make it all fit. I'm pretty sure we looked something like this...



Then it was off to finish more things which included...collecting final medical records...closing accounts...cleaning...going to this appointment then that appointment...etc etc.  By the end of each day I am pretty sure I was looking like this...




And I'm pretty sure I could have used a Starbucks injection like this in place of my chemo treatments.  Wonder if the Docs would have gone for that?

Then it was on to say our goodbyes.  We had a lovely send off with our office full with cakes and goodies...they must know me really well!  We also had a great send off from our home church here in England.  It was such a sweet time of the entire church praying over us!


Speaking of...their prayers and your prayers must be working! The very next day we heard our final report from our docs here in England.  My inflammation rate is down from 31 to 9! (Keep in mind a healthy person is considered to be at 5).  WOW.  I have noticed a bit more energy...which has been such a God send with all that has been going on with the move.  So needless to say we are over the moon right now!

Then it was on to say goodbye to neighbors, who many of you will get to meet when they come to the ATL sometime next year!  He is from England and she is from Hong Kong...so we both have a lot in common
with the whole living in a country that is not your own thing.

They took us out for a final British meal complete with roast beef, roasted potatoes, carrots, and cabbage.  It was so yummy.  We love them and our little neighborhood...which...

...reminded me of when we first came here. It was around Easter of 2010...pictured above we are just out front of our house...

Here we are again with our first meal in our home.  Sniff Sniff...I am going to miss it and have been told by many who have been married much longer than we have...that you will never forget your first place together.  Sniff Sniff...

So many people have asked us just in recent weeks "How have you grown in your walk with the Lord throughout this journey with my illness.

The biggest thing has to be our level of TRUST with Him!  Oh my word...I've

never been so stretched in my life...but He has shown me that if I just TRUST Him...He has a good plan.  His plans are perfect and full of peace no matter the storm that is surrounding you.


 And one more in particularly for me...I've learned to "LET GO"!  Something this planner by heart never thought she could do.  I've had to just sit back and watch Him unfold what all was going to happen.





Now it doesn't mean that I did nothing. I read something this week that sums it up..."Work as if everything depends on you.  Pray as if everything depends on Him!" Enough said.








 So many of you have also asked what we will do once we get to the States?  Well...the first week or two...


A-B-S-O-L-U-T-L-Y nothing!  Oh yes...I see some relaxation in both J man's and my future.

Soon after arriving in the States, however, we will begin our transition re-entry time with OM. This will last until the end of January 2012.  During this time we will be re-acclimating to life in the States, debriefing with OM, finding permanent work for J, and getting me sorted with new Doctors.  I'm sure it will keep us VERY busy!

Well that's about it for now.  Hope to see you all very soon.  We will, Lord willing, be home after October 31st.  We'll see you a couple of weeks after that.

America...here we come!




No comments: