Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"BirFday" Dinner for a Good Friend...and you won't believe who showed up!

So my good friend Clay turned 28 yesterday and me, him, and his lovely parents, James and Sherri went to dinner to celebrate.  We had some yummy sea food...and for dessert Clay got some sort of bread pudding.  Dessert time was going great...and all was calm...until in walked a few people I know! Pastor Johnny, Ken and Cindy Lassiter, Charity Edmonds, and Dan Nuesch to name a few.  Let me tell you why that was so ironic and funny...

First let me tell you a little background information...several of you have been praying for me as I have been having some health issues over the summer with my heart.  For about the last week I have been having flutters in my heart on about every 4th heartbeat which has caused me to be dizzy and very tired.  Yesterday I had a meeting with AL McMillan at the church and I called to cancel because at the time I didn't think I would be alright to drive.  In the midst of my conversation with Al...I began coughing loudly on the phone...I couldn't help it...sometimes when my heart flutters it makes me cough. He was so sweet and concerned and said he would have the staff pray for me.  

To make a long story short...an email was sent to all staff to pray for me with my condition...and they did! They are so faithful!  Anyhoo...I guess most people begin to think I was in a very bad condition and I started to receive LOADS of phone calls by well wishers.  I did start to feel better and didn't want to miss my friends Birthday...so off to the restaurant I went.  Who walks in...but Pastor and Ken... "Well look who we've been on our knees praying for all day and here she is out playing around!"  "I was about to clear my schedule for a funeral".  Needless to say I was so embarrassed.  I felt as if I was playing hooky or something!  We all got a good laugh out of it!  I just chalk it up to the power of prayer!!!! By the way...I will be getting my test results this morning at 10am.  Thank you for your prayers!!!!
Happy "BirFday" as Pastor would and did say... to Claybird.  Above are his lovely parents...Jim and Sherrie!

No comments: