Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Manuel Antonio Costa Rica

Well as we were heading off to the southern coast of Costa Rica, Manuel Antonio...we stopped to see some wildlife. Above is a picture of their famous green frog with red eyes. Well after I got this close to take the picture...the gentleman at the park informed me that this little guy has enough poison to kill 8 humans!!!!
One thing we did while in Costa Rica is eat...and eat we did!!! Above is a dish called "typico"...meaning a typical Costa Rican dish. It is chicken, beans, rice, eggs, salad, and plantians...my favorite!
Well...we finally made it to my favorite part of the trip...the beach. Growing up in California and living on a beach in Florida for a while...I am partially fond of sand in between my toes and the smell of salt water!
One day while eating lunch...a monkey decided to join us! They were very curious and not afraid of humans at all. They were very tiny (about 3 pounds) and were great acrobats. They would swing from branch to branch with their tails!!!!

Awweeeeeeh! Manuel Antonio National Park. Beautiful! Lots of wild life here...from iguanas chillin in the sand next to you...to monkeys, spiders the size of my hand...and birds. I truly felt as if I was in paradise. My friend Carrie said that this was the closest we will get to Heaven this side of the veil. But it was getting late and I decided to walk back to the park entrance myself. Before...there were lots of people passing the path...so I THOUGHT it would be no big deal.

Well, I walked for about 20 minutes without passing anyone. I began to panic and think of all those wild animals I saw pictures posted for on the entrance gate. Things like snakes, spiders, and jaguars! I also thought this would be a perfect part in a movie where the stupid American girl gets kidnapped for ransom money by some guerrilla war terrorists! My mind was racing and all I could think to do was one...run...and two...start to sing! So there I was in the middle of this jungle all alone...afraid...singing "then sings my soul, my savior God to thee...how great thou art!" I was reminded by what the psalmist said "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalms 32:7) I prayed to God that He would send a friendly face along my path.

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I saw a dark figure. My heart stopped and I could not catch my breath...I thought for sure I was a goner. Then I began to look more closely. About 30 yards back was a small doe...looking curiously at me. As I began to move forward...it cautiously followed me. When I stopped...it stopped. I began to cry as I knew this was a sweet gift from my Father...telling me that He is with me always...don't be afraid! The little doe followed me until I was almost out of the park. There I encountered a friendly family from the Netherlands. As I was trying to explain to them what happened and to show them my companion...I turned only to see my friend was gone.

You see...God is with us ALWAYS. No matter our fear or obstacle we must climb...He is always there. So that's my story about a girl...her doe...and her GOD!!!!

No comments: