Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, July 19, 2008

When God guides...He provides!!




Well today is 31 days and counting until I leave for Ireland. For those of you who might not know by now...I am going to be serving with Operation Mobilization Ireland for the next 2 years...Lord willing, as their field event coordinator. I will be handing all events that happen at our new ministry property (Lacken House) including short-term teams and their activities, youth camps, conferences, and concerts. You can see it is going to be a lot of work...but I can't wait to get on the ground and get started!



I am heading to "Slapout" Alabama today along with my two friends Ludie Creech and Rebekah Edwards. We, me and Ludie, will be speaking to Shoal Creek Church tomorrow (Sun July 20th)...and I am SO EXCITED to meet up with my long time friends Pastor Shane and his wife Shannon Russelle. Shane Russelle was the first gentleman to ever talked to me about joining the Ireland team on a short term mission trip.
That was 2005 when I went on my very first trip...where we were going to do a baseball clinic...which I knew nothing about. Here I am so frightened and not knowing how I would be able to make a difference. But I leaned in on my Father and He did a great work in and through me. In arriving to Ireland...we found out that the field we had rented pulled out on us. So we basically had 2 days to plan an entirely new event. That is where My God used me and the skills He gave me!!!! I was able to let go of myself and my own expectations and allow my Father to show me His greatness. We had a great time...and were able to share the love of Christ with many!


It's been 3 years since I went on my first trip and now I am heading over there for a 2 year term!!!! I KNOW...KNOW....KNOW that my Father has called me to Ireland for a time such as this. I have taken a step of obedience and left my job at my church to pursue this full time. I am currently in my support raising efforts...where I praise the LORD that I am at 83% of my funding. But I still have a ways to go. I still need monthly on going comittments that add up to $373 per month. I also have a huge need of purchasing a car over there. The cost estimated for that is $4800. And all of this needs to be into my headquarters by August 1st!!!! You may ask yourself...how can she be so calm with all that is going on? Simple...a sweet friend gave me a plaque when I left my church position that states "WHERE GOD GUIDES...HE PROVIDES". I have that hanging on my wall as we speak as a daily reminder that I may not know how or when...but I just need to trust that He WILL provide!


"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. -Psalms 43:5


We can all learn a lesson from this great word...no matter what the circumstances are around you...know that you are special to God and He is watching after you. And that gives us HOPE! Well...I can't wait to upload pics from "Slapout". Signing off until Monday...


Mary

No comments: