Our Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Shoal Creek Church...Ribs, Health care, and deer targets...what do they all have in common?

Okay...so I am one of those people who is terribly late for updating her blog...sorry about bombarding you today...but hope you enjoy! Well...its been an exciting week since we last spoke. Myself, Rebekah Edwards, and Ludie Creech all headed to "Slap Out" AL last weekend where me and Ludie shared about the ministry of Ireland to the congregation at Shoal Creek Church. Pastor Shane Russelle and his lovely wife Shannon were there to greet us and prepared a home cooked meal...Alabama style. It was full of every buttery...tasting great...thing you could think of...along with some falling off the bone ribs. Believe it or not...I had never eaten a rib before that night. I think they broke me in good...don't ya'll??? Above...Mary eating her first rib!
Here I am speaking in front of the Congregation...about 200 people...and a very sweet church. Before service I was able to speak to a senior adult class. They were so cute...and a hoot! During question and answer time...the majority of the questions I received were about healthcare in Ireland and would they be covered under medical insurance if they were to come over there. They were a sweet group and are excited about the work being done over in Ireland!!!
Okay...so my friend Shane LOVES hunting deer. Actually that is an understatement. Shane and Shannon have 3 boys...who all have been taught the most important things in life...GOD, FAMILY, and of course...HUNTING! In their back yard they have a deer target practice spot. I just had to get a picture of us in front of it! Above...Ludie Creech, me, Shannon, and Pastor Shane...and of course...poor Mr. deer! PS...for all you moms out there who know Shannon...you MUST ask her about her "super hero" experience with her boys!!!!! You will be in stiches!
I just had to put this in...me and Rebekah...my good friend who went along for the ride...and guess who is peaking around the corner...Mr. Deer. Talk about a deer in headlights...look at his expression!

No comments: